News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Big Hauler Northern Express #90095

Started by gaclion, May 17, 2015, 08:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaclion

My son received an old Big Hauler Northern Express train for his Birthday.   I am trying to find instructions for the train. The smoke does not seem to work. I was able to find a battery compartment where a 9 volt goes to make a chugging sound, but other than that I am clueless as to anything else the train might do.  Does anyone happen to have an old instruction booklet for this train or know where to get one.  The ones on line seem to be for new trains.  Thanks.

Chuck N

Go up a couple of threads in this site and look at the thread on BIG HAULER INSTRUCTIONS, by loco Bill.  Hopefully that will help.

Chuck

gaclion

Thanks Chuck.  I checked them out, but it looks like my train is from the 90's.  I couldn't find the battery compartment or how to work the smoker. Just kept trying to turn little parts on the engine and tender and luckily came across an old battery from 1999, I replaced that and the sound started working. I'm not even sure how to put the track and elevation pieces together.  I'll take a look again. Thanks for the quick reply.

Chuck N

Keep asking questions and when you ask please provide more information than you think is necessary.  We can help, but we are not mind readers.

Welcome to the mad world of LARGE SCALE.

Chuck

gaclion

I appreciate the help.  I will try and be more specific.  My son who is 7 knows a heck of a lot more than me.  We put oil in the smoke stack, but it won't smoke. Does it need to run for a while to warm up?  Is there an on and off switch for the smoker?  Like I said it was used, but apparently put away years ago and in good shape. 

Linda

Chuck N

Some engines have a switch for the smoke, it could be in back of the smoke box door, or in the cab, or not at all.  My preference is to disable the smoke unit.  They are usually feeble in the output and use up power, not to mention the odor.

Chuck

Loco Bill Canelos

Gaclion,

Here is the specific info on your set:

90095*   WP&Y   The Northern Express   1993   1997   Freight   10   Ver2&3   BOX F&CC 588   Tank Mobil #SVX1443   Bob Cab WP&Y 903

In catalog 1993 to 1997

This link is a copy of the instruct6ions for your set:
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/Big_Hauler_Instructions.pdf

Just click on it, You could print them out for reference if need be.

Have fun,

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

gaclion

Thank you for all the replies, Bill and Chuck.   I appreciate it.  Sorry it took so long to respond, I was under the weather.  I'll take a look at the instructions Bill and hopefully they will help me out. Thanks again.