News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ track crossover

Started by RedlegJim, June 08, 2015, 12:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedlegJim

I have two tracks connected by Bachmann EZ track right and left crossovers. The left crossover works fine with either locomotive that I use. The right crossover works fine with one locomotive but the second one, a Bachmann Southern Pacific often fails to pass through OK. I looked at the wheels when the engine fails to make the crossover and the front wheels seem to accept the turn, but the rear wheels don't. Any suggestions? I run DC on a 4x8 layout. Thanks.

jbrock27

What model loco is the SP?
Keep Calm and Carry On

RedlegJim

TH\he SP loco is a Bachmann product.

Bucksco

What they are asking is what type of Bachmann locomotive - Steam locomotive, diesel locomotive?
If you can be more specific about what type of Steam or Diesel that would also be helpful.

jbrock27

...AND the MODEL of the loco, not just the type...
Keep Calm and Carry On

RedlegJim

It's a diesel locomotive. All black with the number 6440. I don't know the model number.

jward

that number sounds like an f7a. from the description, it would be a "black widow" paint job, with a silver nose.

two things you can try. first, if you have an nmra standards guage, checque to see if the wheels are in guage on the rear truck. if you don't have an nmra guage I suggest you get one, as it is one of the most useful tools in model railroading.

next, I would remove the body and look at where the rear truck fits in the chassis. above the truck on the chassis should be a small screw that holds the truck in the chassis. loosen this screw by 1/4 to 1/2 turn and see if that helps.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

RedlegJim

I ordered the gauge, should have it by Tuesday 6/15. I can then check the wheels and the track. If that checks out, then I'll try adjusting the truck. Hopefully the problem will be solved.