LED Lighting in Jackson Sharp Passenger Car #17 Done!

Started by RkyGriz, June 12, 2015, 05:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RkyGriz

Hello, everybody. Good news! The LED lighting project is finally done ( at least in one of my cars!) and I made a video of it which I just posted to youtube. It still has the overly bright white LED strip lighting in it,but thankfully, it no longer flickers. I hve single bulb warm white LED's on the way and I may use some of them to replace the brite white strip LED's. I'm not sure if I will, but I'll know better after I install some of those LED's  into my other 3 Jackson Sharp cars that I am converting back to battery power.
Many thanks to all of you who offered your advice on this project. I couldn't have figured out the wire and diode bridge rectifier  set up without your valued help. Thank you all very much!
Here is a link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUd4obfa8bg&feature=youtu.be
I hope that you will watch and enjoy it!
Thank you once again!
Andrew

Loco Bill Canelos

Glad your project worked out.   I believe you will really like the warm white LED's instead of the bright bluish ones, they are way more realistic.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

punkin

That looks great. I hope to be doing something like that soon with my caboose. I have the wheels and pickups on order. I'm curious about one thing though. Is there a way to make the lights burn steady so that when you turn the power up on the tracks that they don't get brighter or is that complicated?

Again, I like the looks of that. Well done  ;)
I can type my handle with one hand.

RkyGriz

Hi, Pumpkin. I don't know any way to avoid that issue that's not going to involve a complicated operation. There may be some other people on here who know how to do it. The only way I know how to accomplish what your asking is to convert them over to batteries-which is what I've already done on my set of Denver & Rio Grande J.S. cars and Pennsylvania caboose. I'm still waiting on the warm white LED's to arrive from China. I'll keep you posted as to my progress on this project. I anticipate having them all done by the end of the week.
Have a great evening!
Andrew

Joe Zullo

punkin

Thank you very much Joe.

I really like the way those lights look.
I can type my handle with one hand.