News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sound Decoder

Started by Derek, June 25, 2015, 04:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek

Hello,  I have installed a Model Rectifier Corporation sound decoder into my Bachmann HO GP38-2 loco.  The sound is great, but the movement is very jerky, and very draining on the throttle.

Do you have any suggestions on what the problem might be?

Also, the lights need function 0 to work, but my Bachmann controller starts at function 1.

This is my first step into sound decoders, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

ACY

Button 10 on the EZ-COMMAND is the same as F0.
Try programming some CVs to see if this rectifies your issues, you cannot do this with an EZ-COMMAND however,  you will need a Dynamis or other advanced system to do so.

Derek

Quote from: ACY on June 25, 2015, 10:55:56 AM
Button 10 on the EZ-COMMAND is the same as F0.
Try programming some CVs to see if this rectifies your issues, you cannot do this with an EZ-COMMAND however,  you will need a Dynamis or other advanced system to do so.

Thank you very much, Derek

DAVE2744

Derek, If you have more than one DCC loco, make sure they each have a different address.  Your new MRC board defaults to CV1=03.  There is another situation that can cause this, and when I remember it I'll post it.  I assume the loco ran smoothly before you installed the decoder.  If nothing is obvious,  try resetting the decoder, CV8=08. Power off the system.  Repower the system.  This would put the decoder back the way MRC programmed it.  Good Luck, Dave

I just realized your command station may not be able to program CVs,  in which case locate someone or your LHS to program it for you.  You should consider upgrading to a full featured system so you can really enjoy the features of your locos.

Derek

Thank you all for your replies.  Yes I think I need to move on to a better controller.

Cheers,

Derek