News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sound in ALCO 2-6-0

Started by stalman, July 06, 2015, 02:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stalman

why Yardmaster removed my topic  "Sound in ALCO 2-6-0" ??

Bucksco

When threads stray from their original question to the point where there is no longer any logic it is usually time to remove them. If your original question has not been answered try posting it again.

Trainman203

Lets start again, my friend.  What would you like to be different about the sound you now have in your engine?  I have two of those engines and had to change some sounds , and live without a few.

Bucksco

Note: The 2-6-0 is a "Sound Value" locomotive. It features a more limited sound set as opposed to a full fledged Tsunami.
http://www.soundtraxx.com/factory/OEM_pages/bachmann/ho_2-6-0_sv.pdf

Hunt

Yardmaster,
As previous advised
REF: http://www.soundtraxx.com/factory/OEM_pages/bachmann/ho_2-6-0_sv.pdf

The above  Configuration Variable Defaults file for the Bachmann HO 2-6-0 Sound Value Equipped is currently not completely accurate.

Some key examples:
    CV 25 Speed Table Register,   Default Value is 0 not 16

CV 29 Configuration Register 1,   Default Value is 6 not  22

CV 50 Hyperlight Effects,   Default Value is 129 not  142

There are other discrepancies between the Configuration Variable Defaults file and the factory insstalled decoder.

Bucksco

We will address the discrepancies.

Trainman203

But will the OP tell us what he wants to sound different in his mogul.

stalman

Hi all. I thank for previous answers  but i hhave nex question.
It possible to upgrade decoder to get full option's??

rogertra

Quote from: stalman on July 07, 2015, 03:31:29 AM
Hi all. I thank for previous answers  but i hhave nex question.
It possible to upgrade decoder to get full option's??

If you buy another decoder from a company other than Bachmann, who do not sell decoders separately, and install it, yes.

Google DCC Sound Decoders and you'll see the various manufacturers.

Cheers

Roger T.

Bucksco

The DCC Ready version features an 8 pin socket into which you can plug a standard DCC decoder. To replace the existing decoder in a Sound Value version you will need to hardwire in the new decoder. Either way any standard DCC decoder will work. Contact the Bachmann service department for more info.

Trainman203

The sound valu decoder can't be "upgraded", ie adding more sounds and features.  The existing sounds and features can only be "adjusted" to different "CV" settings.  To get more  features you have to buy and install a fuller featured decoder.

I did that with my two moguls.

richardl

Recommend by SoundTraxx for this loco.
2-6-0 Mogul    TSU-1000 Light Steam    826101

No idea on how tight a fit this will be.

I did find an upgrade article in the MRH forums with pictures but rather not post the link here.

Google bachmann alco 2-6-0 decoder upgrade

Rich

DAVE2744

Rich - I installed a Tsunami TSU-1000 in my recently "narrowed tender body" of the B'mann Mogul.  It works fine.  If your tender is stock,  there is plenty of room.  The only modifications will be to cut off the plastic "pillars" the stock decoder was mounted on.  Use double sided tape to secure board.  Do not cut off the "pillar" that holds the rear light in position.   You will have to cut the LED for the rear light off the OEM board.  Then mount the board to the "pillar".  You will need 2 3300 ohm resistors for the lights, as the Tsunami board is set up for 12v bulbs.  I mounted these resistors up inside the top rear of the tender.  You will be very pleased with the type and quality of sounds.  Good luck, Dave

Almost forgot, you may want to put a small amount of glue around the speaker rim, as the 2 metal clips do not have a tight hold onto the speaker.  Mine was very loose when I disassembled the tender.  The clips a very soft, so not much pressure is put onto the speaker frame.