News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New BlueTooth EZ- App at NTS?

Started by railtwister, July 15, 2015, 08:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railtwister

Will there be samples of locos equipped with the new EZ-App loco control system being demonstrated at the NMRA NTS next month? And, will the plug-in boards themselves be on display to be seen for a comparison with DCC decoders?

I'm looking forward to the release of this system, so far it looks like it has great potential.

Bill in FtL

Bucksco

Samples of the new EZ APP products will be at the NMRA Convention. Separate sale boards are not being offered for sale at this time.

railtwister

Hello Yardmaster,

Thanks for the reply. I had heard that Bachmann planned to offer the EZ-App pre-installed in certain Bachmann locos and in some of their train sets, while boards for user-installations along with OEM boards for other manufacturers would be offered by Bachmann's development partner, BlueRail Trains. Was this information not correct, or have things changed since the original announcements were made?

My comment about the boards being able to be seen for comparison to a typical DCC decoder was really aimed at being able to see how far the boards have evolved, especially in size reduction, since we have seen the early boards that were shown in the video.

Also, will the boards in the RTR and Trainset locos be hard wired, or will they use the standard 8 pin plug and socket currently used in DCC-Ready products, or will they use some other type of plug so as to make them incompatible with other locos, should a customer wish to buy one of the RTR locos or Train Sets and perform his own board swap?

Bill in FtL

Bucksco

The Bluetooth chip is integrated into the PCB in the Bachmann products. There are no modular boards available at this time from either company.

Joe323

If this blue tooth Idea takes off Modular plug in unit makes sense provided that there are standards just as there are for DCC.

Bucksco

Didn't say it wouldn't happen at some point - just not available at this time.