CV Listing for Diesel Decoder #82. Running to fast at initial startup

Started by Quako, July 15, 2015, 01:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quako

I have a Bachmann Diesel Engine recently purchased (within about the last year) has a #82 decoder installed from Bachmann.
The engine goes too fast on the initial throttle startup and I would like to slow it to a steady slow speed.
Can you advise of setting or point me to the CV sheet for this throttle.
I have an old throttle listing for OEM Decoder Default values but it's from 2006 and is probably not accurate for this decoder.
Update at 9pm, this date.

I waa able to obtain a copy of the Soundtraxx CV Decoder Document from their site and found the answer to my question
was to adjust the setting on CV #3.  The engine now runs slow at the startup speeds. 

jward

cv2 sets the initial start voltage. it should be set so that the locomotive barely starts moving on speed step one ( for those who have a digital readout on their dcc controller)

cv3 sets the acceleration rate. this ramps up the voltage from zero to whatever setting the controller is at. setting the value of cv3 adjusts the rate of this ramp up but does not affect the start voltage.

cv4 is the decerelation or braking rate, and adjusting it will affect how fast the locomotive slows down.

in dc terms, cv3 and cv4 are momentum.

cv5 should be max voltage, adjusting this will affect the top speed of your loco.

cv6 is mid range voltage and can be used to affect low speed operation by setting the voltage for the middle speed step, thus lowering the voltage of all speed steps below it.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Quako

Thank you both for your help. It has corrected the problem I was having.