News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 0-6-0 Noisey

Started by CREngineer, July 18, 2015, 02:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CREngineer

Okay, here I am again with a noisey loco. I'm assuming it is caused by the decoder. Also while it is running it will come to a stop and then start up again. Never the same place always different. I want to take it apart, but I'm a little heavy handed and I don't want to break anything, but can't figure out how to take it apart. It shows one screw at the rear under the cab, but no other screw looks like it holds the body on the frame. Anybody have any idea how to take this thing apart without breaking it?
Thanks, JT

Hunt

CREngineer

Couldn't have asked for a better explanation. Thanks
JT

jward

while you have the locomotive apart you may want to checque the running gear to see if it rolls freely. also checque the stall current of the motor to make sure it isn't over 1 amp.

I suspect that your decoder is going into thermal shutdown due to excess current draw on the decoder. as it overheats, it will turn itself off to protect itself.  and restart when it cools down.  your best bet will be to find out if there is some mechanical issue that is overloading it, and in the process you will probably eliminate the noise as well.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA