News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Parts from Bachmann

Started by electrical whiz kid, July 20, 2015, 02:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electrical whiz kid

I recently purchased some parts from Bachmann.  I enjoy rebuilding and super-detailing, as well as making something run better(if needed).
I ordered a pacific body (the K-4).  It got delivered sans smoke-box front.  I have been trying to contact them there guys in parts to get them to put the part in this newer order.  As hard as I have tried, I have not been successful. 
While a smoke-box front is no biggie, it really browns me off to keep getting the same recording and being put on hold indefinitely. 
While I don't think it is going to help my end doing this, I am venting.  I'll probably wind up getting a brass smoke-box front from Cal-Scale or others.  No big thing, but I am really disappointed;  I have always liked working with Bachmann material.

RIch C. 

Bucksco

Call the direct number (215)533-1600 during operating hours and ask for the parts manager.

electrical whiz kid

I called BOTH numbers  and sat like a dumbass on the phone-waiting. 
All I wanted was the smoke box front for that body.  If there was an issue, I was never notified.  I was notified that he other order went out today; you know, it would have been not a problem to slip it into that order and be done with it.  I run across people on a daily basis who do not know what they are doing, are careless and slipshod in other ways-or just don't give a damn.  I think Bachmann is maybe in the middle-I do hope you are not on either end. 
My time is worth money-or even if not, it is valuable to me, and I do not want it to be spent on any wild goose chase.  I have historically liked Bachmann's product, and as said, this is a bit of a disappointment; not so much for the cost as for the way things are apparently run.  I do hope I have made myself clear on this matter.

Richard Cormier

Bucksco

electrical whiz kid

In fairness;
I have to say [that] the Yardmaster addressed this problem in a timely manner.  I am glad for a lot of reasons; but mostly because
Bachmann has always been held by me, in high esteem, and I didn't want to lose that-thusly, I haven't. 
Again; thank you Yardmaster, for your effort to rectify this problem.

Rich C.