News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Command Control System

Started by crash, August 11, 2015, 05:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash

I purchased a Bowser locomotive with sound a few months ago and everything worked fine until last night. I started it up and everything was fine until I increased the throttle to get it moving. It produced a high pitched sound like a siren and continued until I brought it to a stop. I put it on a NCE power system and it didn't do it. Anybody tell me what the problem is?

richardl

Did you inadvertently activate one of the sounds?

Rich

crash

richardl

What brand sound decoder? Don't remember which brand Bowser uses.
I don't run that system. I run the Power Cab.
I use to run an old MRC system that could run one DC loco like the EZ Command does but that never bothered any DCC equipped loco.

Rich

crash

richardl

More information would be nice. Is the sound from the speaker or is it a motor noise?     

Rich               

crash

:)Update: Problem fixed, but not sure exactly how. I fooled around with the #8,9, & 10 buttons. Not sure which one did the trick, but every thing is working fine now. I did call Bachmann service this morning though and explained what had happened. They had never heard of that problem before. Hey, aren't problems part of the fun of this hobby? Thanks for all the help! Got to go move some box cars around.

richardl

Quote from: crash on August 12, 2015, 05:53:01 PM
:)Update: Problem fixed, but not sure exactly how. I fooled around with the #8,9, & 10 buttons. Not sure which one did the trick, but every thing is working fine now. I did call Bachmann service this morning though and explained what had happened. They had never heard of that problem before. Hey, aren't problems part of the fun of this hobby? Thanks for all the help! Got to go move some box cars around.

I believe this is the list from a search.

1-bell

2-horn/whistle

3-loco addressing

4-ditch lights (remapped, not defalult)

8-mute

9-dim light

10- light/lights on/off

Button 10 can also operate a DC loco.

I think you have to press another button pressing 10 for a DC loco.

Could the light on be a turbo generator if the loco is steam? Would be interesting to know.

Rich

crash

It's a diesel.  I'm attending the NMRRC this month in Portland. If I get a chance I'll talk to the Bachmann people about it. At least the problem is solved. Thanks for all the help.

ACY

Rich the buttons function as listed as long as you hit the yellow button for function mode. By default button 10 controls an analog locomotive,  until function mode is activated. The other 9 buttons simply control a locomotive until you hit the yellow button for function mode.

Hunt

Decoder Function 9 and Function 10 are not supported by the E-Z Command Control Center, only Functions 0 thru 8. The E-Z Command Control Center Function 10 button operates decoder Function Zero (F0) not Function 10 (F10).