News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Bus w/high railers

Started by illini22, September 07, 2015, 07:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illini22

I'm new to this forum and looking for some advice on a project a friend wants me to do for him.
He has an HO scale Bachmann Bus w/High railers and wants a DCC decoder installed.
Has anyone done this and if so do you have installation drawings or pictures I could see? 

Len

These pics are of a decoder install in the Bachmann Hi-Rail van, which is similar:

http://www.tcsdcc.com/Customer_Content/Installation_Pictures/HO_Scale/Bachmann/Van/Van.html

Unfortunately, they just show the completed installation, not how it was done. The resistor is for current limiting to the LED headlights, to keep them from getting fried.

At least it shows installing a decoder can be done, if not exactly how to do it.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

richardl

I have yet to find any diagram of this bus. I would suspect it is DC only and you would have to isolate the motor brushes from the frame. Most Bachmann locos have split frame design.
Digitrax and TCS both have N scale decoders with one amp limit that would work. Just install according to the wiring diagram that comes with the decoder. Little soldering needed.
A 1k, 1'/4 watt resistor if the bus has LED's.
I have used the DZ125 decoder in the HO Plymouth switcher. About the size of a thick dime.

With only four wheels for pickup, you will need clean wheels, pickups and track plus powered frogs.

Rich