News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Whitcomb 50 Ton Diesel Locomotive

Started by Mike Kieran, August 21, 2015, 02:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Kieran

Is there a chance of Bachmann making the 50 ton Diesel In HO any time soon? Bachmann already hit it out of the park with your GE 45 tonners. The Whitcombs would make a nice addition to the HO diesel lineup, especially in standard guage (hint,hint). Since layouts and train lengths are getting smaller, this engine would do very nicely as well as fit in many different eras.
To enquiring friends: I have troubles today that I had not yesterday. I had troubles yesterday which I have not today. On this site will be built a bigger, better, Steeplechase Park. Admission to the burning ruins - 10cents. -  George C. Tilyou, owner of Steeplechase Park in Coney Island.

the Bach-man

Dear Mike,
I'll pass that along.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

electrical whiz kid

Hi Mike;
Is there any connection between you and a fellow named Bernie De La Torre?  In-I believe-march, 1968 MR, there was an article about him and his layout-the "Port Able" lines.  From the standpoint of switching, it was pretty well done.  Some years later, I saw in the MR classified column, that the layout was for sale.  How interesting time can be.

RIch C.

jward

mike would those be the whitcombs with the center cab and the sloping hoods?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike Kieran

Rich C.
Sorry buddy, it's not me. I do have to look up that article though. It sounds interesting.

JWard,
I think you mean the Whitcomb 65 tonners.
To enquiring friends: I have troubles today that I had not yesterday. I had troubles yesterday which I have not today. On this site will be built a bigger, better, Steeplechase Park. Admission to the burning ruins - 10cents. -  George C. Tilyou, owner of Steeplechase Park in Coney Island.