Discussion #5: Can I Still Buy Any of the Bachmann T&F Discontinued Wagons?

Started by Jacob Wilson, November 01, 2015, 04:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob Wilson

Does anybody know if anywhere still has any of these Bachmann Thomas & Friends discontinued Wagons for sale in a brand new factory sealed blister pack?:

77027 Flat Car with Paint Drums
77030 Cattle Wagon
77031 Well Wagon
77034 Salt Wagon
77035 RF Container Wagon
77036 6 Ton Wagon

I am UK residence, so I don't know any Model Shops in the USA, which is why I have come hear for help!

If you can help, please post a Reply below.

Thank you for reading.

Chaz

Ebay is honestly your best bet if you live in the UK, to find discontinued rolling stock at this point.  Some shops online may have some of the discontinued stock but last time I checked, a lot of them were sold out. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chaz on November 02, 2015, 02:34:24 AM
Ebay is honestly your best bet if you live in the UK, to find discontinued rolling stock at this point.  Some shops online may have some of the discontinued stock but last time I checked, a lot of them were sold out. 

I checked eBay and there is really nothing really there.I have found x1 77030 Cattle Wagon, but the total cost of the product with the postage will be about £27.00. Far too expensive for me!

Chaz

Sadly, discontinued products are worth a lot more money on eBay or other second hand websites since the products are no longer being produced.  There may not be much listed now, but keep checking consistently, because they do pop up every now and again.  Just be patient and you would be surprised what comes up!

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chaz on November 02, 2015, 02:54:32 AM
Sadly, discontinued products are worth a lot more money on eBay or other second hand websites since the products are no longer being produced.  There may not be much listed now, but keep checking consistently, because they do pop up every now and again.  Just be patient and you would be surprised what comes up!

I agree. My collection is mainly built up of the Hornby Thomas & Friends range. Sadly, when some of it was in production, I couldn't afford it, so u can't tell what I spent on dome the products. I would dread to think really, because I even bought a Circus Cattle Wagon for £26.00!

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Anyone, if you find a bachmann thomas flatcar w/ paint drums or wellwagon, please let me know--they are my most wanted at the moment ;D!
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #6 By Racing James!: I agree. I am still looking for the products that I posted, on the main post of this Topic.

Chaz

A friend of mine actually sold his flat car with paint drums on eBay, and it was used and not all the paint drums were included.  Despite that it sold for over $100 on eBay... that's even crazier than what Gordon's coaches go for!  I would encourage you to check regularly and pick one up the moment you find one online or at a hobby shop/show if you can. 

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #8 By Chaz: Over $100.00 for a used Flat Car with Paint Drum's is a mad price! It just shows how much the discontinued Thomas & Friends Model Railway items sell for.

Quote from: Chaz on January 31, 2016, 04:52:40 PM
A friend of mine actually sold his flat car with paint drums on eBay, and it was used and not all the paint drums were included.  Despite that it sold for over $100 on eBay... that's even crazier than what Gordon's coaches go for!  I would encourage you to check regularly and pick one up the moment you find one online or at a hobby shop/show if you can.  

Hehe..hehe...was that @ThomasTankMerch (Louis (alcofan) and BRj38) on twitter, Chaz?  ;D :P I tried to win that item, but I wasn't able to...I wasn't really willing to go over $60. I did win their Toby they were selling though!

That's too funny. What a small, small world.

Chaz