News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Edward and Ben Trouble!!

Started by Edwardtheblueengine, September 28, 2015, 10:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edwardtheblueengine

Dear Bachmann and Everyone
I have had alot of trouble with Bachmann Edwards I have had 3 now and every single one has gone wrong, I have never over used it or put it under any strain but something in the motor goes wrong I think it burns out but I am not 100% sure! My latest Edward has now stop working aswell as my bachmann Ben, which has also done the same thing, they basically do not move at all. I have had My latest Edward 2 years and Ben about 2 1/2 years. As i live in the UK none of the Model Shops here know how to fix them. I never over use the models, they are mainly used for filming, they kept in a model cabinet for storage when not being used. I am stuck and don't know what to do! I don't have alot of money as I am at college so can't pay for brand new ones!
Can anyone help please?
Thanks
Jamie (thetrainmaster97)

Chaz

I had a very similar issue with my Bachmann Edward, fortunately it was taken care of with the help of the service department.  I say give them a call or an email and they can help figure out what's wrong with the models.  It might mean that you will have to mail your models so they can be fixed or replaced. 

Before you do though, I would oil both of these models since that generally could be the case for these models.  It might also be good to check to see if the wheels are clean too.  Some models, particularly for the Thomas range, need a little push every now and again to get them running within the first lap or so of your railroad before having a smooth run.  If you have tried all of these and still no luck, then I say send customer service an email. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.