News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Scale Casey Jr.

Started by sean1994rail, October 08, 2015, 08:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sean1994rail

For 2016, bachmann should make Casey Jr. the Circus Train from Disney's Dumbo, especially with the film's 75th anniversary due? here's the polls below:
Sign Yes or No here:
http://strawpoll.me/5650875
For those who said yes, pick which features you want Bachmann Casey Jr. to have here:
http://strawpoll.me/5650889

ACY

Quote from: sean1994rail on October 08, 2015, 08:15:55 AM
For 2016, bachmann should make Casey Jr. the Circus Train from Disney's Dumbo, especially with the film's 75th anniversary due? here's the polls below:
Short simple answer: Bachmann cannot make this item due to licensing. Disney owns all the relavent properties making it impossible for Bachmann to produce, and to acquire those properties would cost way too much money and most likely Disney would not be willing to even allow the purchase of the rights and properties in the first place.
Sorry but you are out of luck, on to your next idea...

sean1994rail

Len

If Disney's smart they would do a fixed period, $1.00 + reasonable percent of the profits, licensing deal for for the entire train as a 75th anniversary set. But I doubt it will happen.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

sean1994rail

ACY

Quote from: Len on October 08, 2015, 11:31:50 AM
If Disney's smart they would do a fixed period, $1.00 + reasonable percent of the profits, licensing deal for for the entire train as a 75th anniversary set. But I doubt it will happen.
Disney has a gigantic pile of money from all of their various holdings (ie films, characters, Disney World/Land, ESPN & ABC, et al), so any profit yielded from this would be negligible to them and not even worth their while. Furthermore Disney will avoid at all costs anything that would allow someone other than Disney to profit from a property held by Disney. Disney would probably only allow it if Bachmann gave Disney some exorbitant fee upfront for the rights to produce the train and utilize their properties, or if Disney got 100% of the profit (which would give Bachmann in turn no incentive to make the set either way).

Disney has such a large amount of money that it simply is not worth their time regardless of the fact they would make money in the deal, it is peanuts to them.

Irbricksceo

Yeah... Don't get me wrong, it would be a nice set and a cool collectors item, but licensing with Disney is a nightmare. In the town I grew up in, the local movie theater wouldn't show any disney movies after the management got into a fight with disney.
Modeling NYC in N

Len

I did say, "I doubt it will happen.", at the end of my earlier post.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

electrical whiz kid

It is apparent-at least to me-that few on here have any concept of what the licensing procedures are in this country.  Yep-dealing with uncle Walter has always been a nightmare-but don't forget-it isn't a mouse or a duck that have a final say-it is the board of directors-who are accountable to the stockholders-you and me.
So, you see; it is a viscous circle of-yes...the "G" word.  "M-I-C-K-E- etc.; etc.; etc.;

Rich C.

Bucksco

There are many factors that come into play when it comes to licensed products. Disney is no different than any other company out there who are protecting their intellectual property. We like Disney but it usually comes down to being able to sell enough of a product to make a reasonable profit. The model train demographic is no where near as large as most folks think it is.