News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-8-4

Started by Steamer#1, October 19, 2015, 04:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamer#1

My son's 4-8-4 fell off the table and the 8 drive wheels came apart, how do you get them lined up right so that it works and runs without locking up the wheels.

ebtnut

Need a little more information.  Did the wheels just come out of the frame, or did they separate from the axles?  The former issue may be repairable.  If the latter, you probably just ought to buy a replacement loco.

Steamer#1

the wheels can off the frame, but I have put them back on, the only problem is the drive bars from wheel to wheel are not lined up right and I do not know how they should be so that it will work.

Hunt

Carefully examine the exploded view diagram that can with the locomotive.

Click Here for information about "quartering" the wheels.

Suspect more damage has been done to the locomotive that quartering the wheels will not fix.

Hunt

Correction

Quote from: Hunt on October 19, 2015, 06:23:05 PM
Carefully examine the exploded view diagram that can came with the locomotive.

Click Here for information about "quartering" the wheels.

Suspect more damage has been done to the locomotive that quartering the wheels will not fix.

Steamer#1

I looked at the info sheet for the engine but it shows them all in the middle and only one side

Hunt

Quote from: Steamer#1 on October 19, 2015, 06:43:30 PM

I looked at the info sheet for the engine but it shows them all in the middle and only one side

Steamer#1, you have to combine the wheels info from the exploded view diagram sheet with the information in the article about "quartering" the wheels I gave you.  If this is beyond your mechanical aptitude, contact Bachmann Service for your options.