News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC On Board CV questionn

Started by NKline, October 30, 2015, 09:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKline

I have a Bachmann Spectrum GE 45 tonner and had to replace the board in it recently. Now when it goes forward the reverse headlight goes on and vise versa. What are the CV's and values to correct this? Thank you.

Nathan Kline
Washington, NJ 07882

bapguy

CV29. You need to read it and see what value it is: if it's an even number add 1 to the value if it's an odd number subtract 1 from the value. IE value is 4 change to 3, if 3 change to 4.   See  link for CV29 value table..Joe
http://tonysdcc.com/technews/cv29-lookup.htm

NKline

Hi Joe,  That's to change direction of travel which I tried and it still was messed up.

Nathan

jbrock27

What was it that gave cause to have to replace the board?
Keep Calm and Carry On

bapguy

Can you read CV33 and 34? I program CV33 and 34 so the lights are on regardless of direction of travel. I think the value is 3. Can you change the wires on the decoder? Sounds like the motor wires are wired wrong. If you can reverse them, this should solve the problem.  Joe

electrical whiz kid

If this has one of those 8-pin plugs, did you maybe reverse it's position?  If so, try flipping the plug around.  I know this can sometimes affect the motor direction, but maybe the lighting is set up in these units the same way?
Rich C.