News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

P2K Driver screw.

Started by Bill Baker, November 10, 2015, 02:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Baker

I have an old P2K 0-8-0 in which the driver screw (or bolt) has come loose and disappeared somewhere in my roadbed.  It is a threaded screw with a hexagonal head. 

Does anyone know of a website in which I could look up a part number and order one?  I've tried Walther's but no luck.

Oh yeah....if anyone has, by chance, their parts sheet for their loco, I would appreciate the parts number.  The screw in question is the one connecting the right rear driver to the right rear wheel.

Thanks, Bill
Bill

Len

When you "tried Walthers" did you just look at the web page, or did you call Customer Service at 1-800-487-2467?

I've had pretty good support for P2K items from their Customer Service folks.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

electrical whiz kid

Bill;
If the screw is of ferrous composition, try running a magnet over the roadbed area.  Otherwise, Precision Scale Models might be able to help you out.

Rich C.

Bill Baker

Len,
No, I never thought of that!  DUH!!!  I'll give them a call.

Whiz Kid,
Ahhhh, how great minds travel in the same channel.  I tried the magnet a few weeks ago, but for a small area I couldn't reach nothing came up except for about 3 KD springs, around 4 or 5 tacks and a pair of metal pony wheels which I have no clue how they got there.  I think my grandkids had something to do with that.
Bill

RAM

I am going to jump in here and ask a question.  On Bachmann's steam locomotive do the drivers have screws or pins?

electrical whiz kid

Ram;
I am not totally qualified to answer, but it looks like there is a combination of both; shouldered screws on the cranks and rods; some very tiny stuff... elsewhere.  In any of my dealings with any of the running gear, it has been done carefully...as in, I don't even breathe hard.  A lot of this stuff is extremely delicate, stamped parts and will bend rather  easily.  and I try not to stress the parts-bend, distort, etc.  So far, so good.  I enjoy working with it, and have learned a great deal from just that.

RIch C.