News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

CELEBRATION THOMAS IS HERE!

Started by InsideTrack, December 04, 2015, 02:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsideTrack

In honor of the 70th birthday of Thomas the Tank Engineā„¢, we offer this "Celebration Thomas" with colorful banners and a special edition metallic paint finish. Thomas is dressed and ready for his party!

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=258_259_261&products_id=5904

Jacob Wilson

That is nice to hear. I hope it looks as good as the prototype. I have Pre-Ordered the Hornby 70th Anniversary Thomas, but I am not sure if I still want to get this now. I can't decide. I might end up getting this as well as the Hornby one, which I am definitely getting!

At least Bachmann have released this during 2015, as Hornby have delayed there's until 14/01/2016 (As of 02/12/2015). The Hornby version will be a bit out-of-date when it gets released as 70 Years of Thomas the Tank Engine is in 2015, not 2016!

Titanic5972

It's a shame he still has that awful face moulding. Definitely due an upgrade I think.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Titanic5972 on December 04, 2015, 05:54:26 PM
It's a shame he still has that awful face moulding. Definitely due an upgrade I think.

I agree actually. I do not like the face Bachmann fit their Thomas Locomotives with. It would be better if his face is re-designed. This new Celebration Thomas Locomotive having this face is the only thing letting the look of the model down.

Cheeky_ULP

At this point I wouldn't even care if the engines had the same bodies, as long as the motors were replaced and updated to the standards of Duck, Diesel, etc.

The Celebration model looks neat though. It's like a hybrid of an ERTL Metallic and a Bachmann Thomas. It's not on my Christmas list though.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Sparks on December 04, 2015, 07:49:41 PM
At this point I wouldn't even care if the engines had the same bodies, as long as the motors were replaced and updated to the standards of Duck, Diesel, etc.

The Celebration model looks neat though. It's like a hybrid of an ERTL Metallic and a Bachmann Thomas. It's not on my Christmas list though.

I agree, the Bachmann Clelebration Thomas and the Hornby Thomas 70th Anniversary Limited Edition is like the metallic ERTL Thomas released back in 2000, I think it was. I have always wanted a Special Edition / Limited Edition Thomas in Model Railways form with a metallic paint finsh. Now there are two choices. One from Bachmann, the other from Hornby.

MrBob

will be getting one, but wont be altering it, might not even take it out the packaging!

edit:

can the admin tell me is this a limited time/production model?

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: MrBob on December 05, 2015, 04:25:25 PM
will be getting one, but wont be altering it, might not even take it out the packaging!

edit:

can the admin tell me is this a limited time/production model?

I am not an Administrator, but nowhere on the shopping section of this Website, nor does the Bachmann Trains 2015 Catalogue tell you that it is a Limited Edition / Production product. I wouldn't be surprised if this Locomotive is discontinued in 1 year time or something though.