News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ track

Started by rcracer5, December 05, 2015, 02:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcracer5

Does the numbers on the underside of ez track correspond to radius measurements? I am trying to find an easy way to tell the difference between 18" and 22" radius curve pieces. I am trying to set a track up around the Christmas tree and 18" isn't big enough.

Hunt

For HO - After the last PATENT NO you will find the track radius and its degree of curvature

Example: 18"R - 30o

I understand some track does not have this. 

jbrock27

22"R has less sharp of curve, best seen in comparison against a 18"R curve.  Are you looking for a way to tell just by looking at one but not the other?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Dan W

I have both 18" and 22" pieces.  Most rolling stock does well on the 18".  On the other hand, longer cars, such as the AMTRAK 85' cars which are approximately 14 inches long just don't do very well on the sharper curves.  My passenger cars used to continually fall off of the track until I went to the more gradual curves.

Does that help?

I have a question about proper maintenance on a locomotive.  Could anyone please help me on how to start a thread to go with it?

Very Respectfully,

Dan W

Flare

Quote from: Dan W on December 07, 2015, 10:19:22 PM
I have a question about proper maintenance on a locomotive.  Could anyone please help me on how to start a thread to go with it?

Browse to the forum that matches the scale of your locomotive, and click "New Topic" in the upper right corner.

The rest should come easily, if not we'll be happy to assist you further.

jbrock27

Danny, you can also use the Search feature here (above) to find that subject which has come up often, w/o having to start a New Topic.  For that matter, a GOOGLE search of your question will yield buku results and answers for you. ;)
Keep Calm and Carry On