News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

A little update

Started by Ken Huck, December 17, 2015, 03:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Huck

Photo #1  General view looking back down the mainline.

Photo #2  My first ever brass engine.  It's a 12-ton Vertical boiler, class 'A' Climax by NWSL pulling a run of Kadee disconnect log cars over my scratch-built matchstick trestle. 

Photo #3  MoPac Mikado 1301 waiting in the chute.  The 2-8-2 is a Broadway Limited Import.

Photo #4  The Railroad Transfer Boat "Ste. Genevieve" hauls a load across the Mississippi River between Thomure, Mo and Kellogg, Ill.  Missouri Pacific (MoPac) and Missouri Illinois (Mike and Ike) Railroads were in operation when this
photo was taken in 1958.

... next up, maybe a staged shot of all my Bachmann geared steam locos...

WoundedBear

Good pics, Ken. Keep them coming.

Sid

Trainman203

Is this an MP layout?  Must be deep in the Ozarks with those mountains and trestles.  We spend part of every autumn along the old White River Division in northern Arkansas. 

What role does the M-I play on your railroad?  That line was a really neat little operation.

Are you going to model a Mississippi River steamboat car ferry?  The MP ran two of them here in Louisiana, the one between Vidalia and Natchez ran until the early 80s, although dieselized by then.  I want one but to accurately go up and over a levee would take half my house.

electrical whiz kid

Ken;
That is some great modelling work.  Especially the trestle.  Imagination is a part of me that doesn;t work too well; so I will steal parts of some layouts that catch my eye.
Rich C.

Len

I really like the giant pencil in the scrap pile to the right of the hopper in the first pic. Was that from a sign at an abandoned pencil factory?  ;D

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jward

nice.

you have truly captured the spirit of model railroading from a bygone era.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Ken Huck

Thanks for all the comments. 

My model railroad is pure fantasy.  The MoPac and M&I used to run here where I live.  I just like to run their equipment
on my 'mostly' logging and mining layout.  What I need to now is put up a fascia to give it that 'finished look'.

Here's a couple of 'overall view' shots I just took with a cheap camera with a built in flash.  After looking at them, I
just realized that I don't see any mines or lumber camps.

I've got a lot of scenery to finish up too.

Thanks again for the comments.