News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

turntable#46299

Started by UPTODAY, December 27, 2015, 12:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UPTODAY

Nice new powered turn table.Mr. bach Man, where is the round house to go with it????
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

rogertra

Quote from: UPTODAY on December 27, 2015, 12:03:10 AM
Nice new powered turn table.Mr. bach Man, where is the round house to go with it????
UPTODAY

Did you try typing into Google "Bachmann HO roundhouse"?

No? Then give it a try.

Cheers

Roger T.

UPTODAY

Thanks RogerT,looks like its modify the atlas roundhouse time!atlas is the cheapest one.
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

electrical whiz kid

Some time ago, I had purchased a Korber roundhouse kit.   I had done my usual disfiguring to it; and to my satisfaction, it looks half-way decent.
A photograph of the roundhouse and turntable at the Boston and Maine's BET had inspired me.
The one salient factor is the equation of turntable/roundhouse distance.  I have found that, in my case, the outer tracks had to be curved accordingly in order to compensate for that one issue. 
I used a Walthers turntable.  I like it.  I had modified the bridge a little; other than that, it still sits sans motor.  I would like to rig up an indexing system similar to what a past acquaintence had.  He used the mechanism for a bombsight!  I asked no questions, he offered no info...  At any rate, I a trying for a 'smooth-as-silk' operation.  Any takers?

Rich C.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Use the Thomas turntable- a perfect fit and it paints up wonderfully!
Happy New Year!
the Bach-man

UPTODAY

Please make the tidmouth sheds available by them separately!Mr. bachmann!!!!$265.00 for a roundhouse is too much!!!!
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

UPTODAY

Hi everyone,my latest idea is to buy the 46299 motorized turntable and then buy 3 tidmouth sheds expansion packs and build a 3 stall roundhouse.
GOOD IDEA?
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Len

Or you could build a mock up using posterboard. Once you've got the mock up the way you want it, use the pieces as templates for building a permanent structure out of sheet styrene. Or DPM wall sections if you want brick walls. Tichy and DPM have appropriate doors and windows for such a structure.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

UPTODAY

Thanks Len,thats a good idea also.Im retired so I have lots of time ,after my honey lists are done!
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

billgiannelli

Len,
what is DPM?
thanks
Bill

Len

Quote from: billgiannelli on December 31, 2015, 10:09:25 AM
Len,
what is DPM?
thanks
Bill

Sorry, so many folks around here use DPM walls and buildings I forget everyone might not know who they are. DPM = Design Preservation Models, a division of Woodland Scenics. I was specifically referring to their modular system for buildings: http://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/category/HOScaleModular The nice thing is Tichy and Rix doors and windows fit them quite nicely, so there are lots of options for customizing.

I take the 30191 Planning Packet down to the local Kinko/FedEx place and have copies run off on poster board. I cut that up to build mockups before shelling out $$ for pieces I may not need. It's also a handy way to see if things will fit a particular location before welding any plastic together.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

billgiannelli

Thanks Len...
I have a future dream of scratch building my local train station...
sounds like this is the way to go.
Bill