News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How to oil Bachman motor bearing

Started by Vizzin72, December 26, 2015, 07:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrock27

Quote from: Vizzin72 on January 01, 2016, 11:24:45 PM
When it comes back I'm gonna open it up and ...give it a shot.  I'm just the type of if I don't know what I'm doing I don't do it ... Know what I mean

No, I don't to be honest, bc what was I was suggesting was not rocket science and easy to do.  Certainly a guy with your talents, knowing how to employ SPDT Momentary toggle switches and latching relays, is capable of putting a little Conducta Lube on some motor brushes.

It is ok, you will reach a point in time where you understand it is better to be able to fix things yourself rather than to rely on others to fix things that are not that complex.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Vizzin72

I hear you .... I have reached that point in life I work on all of my own stuff.  For example I replace and change the disk and drum breaks on my car because I understand it but I don't replace sensitive motor parts .... For the switches and relays, I am an engineer so I understand that stuff, but the librication stuff we are talking about here although not rocket science .... I know that if I go ahead and spill oil on the wrong place or misinterpret the drawing that Bachmann is not going to honor my warranty .... And I bought the engine for my son and he is a little kid so if his brand new Santa Fe is useless guess what daddy is out over 100 bucks ... Know what I mean .... Eventually I will understand the lube points as you do I'm sure you had to learn all this stuff as well

jbrock27

Quote from: Vizzin72 on January 01, 2016, 11:47:28 PM
I replace and change the disk and drum breaks on my car
While I do change my own oil and replace other things on vehicles, one thing I have always stayed away from is messing with my own brakes.  Why?  Bc if I screw that up, the car might not stop :D  I give you credit, I have run across engineer types, who couldn't start a lawnmower, LOL.
But, getting a little lube somewhere it does not belong is easily solved by cleaning it up/off, and that certainly would not invalidate your warranty.  Of all things, Bachmann's Warranty is renowned for being excellent. :)
Not sure what there is to possibly misinterpret from the diagram and my description.  "Black plastic end of the motor housing with slots in it and cap on top", don't know how much more descriptive I can be.  ???  Did you even read what I had suggested and then looked?  You had said on your other thread you "missed" me describing that.  Seems more you just did not want to bother dealing with it any longer, you gave it your one (lube) shot and that was it.

Be sure to let us know what comes of this in the end.
Getting late for me, night night.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Vizzin72

Got my train back today.  They didn't say what was wrong with it but they replaced the chassis

jbrock27

Interesting.  Did they say why they did?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Vizzin72

All it said is they replaced the chassis ... No other explanation.  When I had called them initially they didn't patch me through to a service technician .... I'm pretty happy it works great it's a great engine my son loves it .... I'm just gonna figure it had a bad motor boom that's it

jbrock27

So, they replaced the chassis and the motor?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Vizzin72

It just said chassis but I am assuming the chassis come off the production line with the motor installed so I really don't know for sure

jbrock27

Quote from: Vizzin72 on January 12, 2016, 10:08:48 AM
I am assuming the chassis come off the production line with the motor installed...

On that, I would assume it does not since the motor is a separate component from the manufactured, one piece metal chassis and would imagine further down the production line, the motor gets screwed to the chassis..
Keep Calm and Carry On

Vizzin72

So yeah it's confusing then ... How would the chassis have anything to do with a humming sound ?

jbrock27

It wouldn't as far as I know, hence my line of questions. ;)
Keep Calm and Carry On