News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Parts for a Backmann RS-3

Started by MP2626, January 07, 2016, 11:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MP2626

I would like to replace my headlight lenses on the above model with new lenses, they are Part number 00G05.  Are these parts available?  The reason for this is I am painting the locomotive to a Northern Pacific model and  need to know the old lenses out in order to paint.

Mark

Hunt

Not listed in Bachmann Parts Catalog.

Contact Parts Department about availability
Email:  parts@bachmanntrains.com

bapguy

The lens should come out. Put the shell in the freezer over night. This may loosen the glue on the headlight lens. Use a small set of needle nose pliers and gently wiggle the lens assembly back and forth on the inside of the shell. I removed the lenses this way on several GP9 shells.  Joe

oztrain

Quote from: bapguy on January 07, 2016, 03:37:46 PM
The lens should come out. Put the shell in the freezer over night. This may loosen the glue on the headlight lens. Use a small set of needle nose pliers and gently wiggle the lens assembly back and forth on the inside of the shell. I removed the lenses this way on several GP9 shells.  Joe

That's an excellent tip Joe- thanks for sharing it.
Trains and cats- what else do you  need?

MP2626

I put the shell in the freezer overnight and in the morning attempted to loosen the lenses, they would not come loose.  I became fearful the part would break so stopped.  I guess if I can't get replacement lenses, I will leave the originals in and ignore the previous paint which is seen in the holes.

jbrock27

bapguy is like Mr. Freeze :D. He once suggested that I put a motor in the freezer to remove a stubborn flywheel.  That didn't work either.

MP3, have you tried popping the lens out from the inside?  (At room temp) using something solid, but blunt, like a wood dowel or flat end of a wood skewer, something  that has a diameter just a little less than the diameter of the lens you are trying to pop out.  This way you can put uniform pressure on the lens to pop it out.  This has worked for me with to take lenses out from another brand.
Keep Calm and Carry On