News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

From a beginner

Started by Lees04, January 09, 2016, 06:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lees04

Hi everybody!

We just bought our beginner HO set and a week later are facing a problem.  The engine started stalling. I cleaned the tracks with rubbing alcohol and the part of the wheels that I could reach. But the problem persists. Please help!

jbrock27

Have you seen the recommendation I posted here recently for loco wheel cleaning?   Have you been running you loco on the floor?  On top of a rug?  Have pets?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Lees04

Hello and thank you for the reply. I have not read the recommendation (I simply do not know yet how to navigate this forum). I will definitely do so. Yes, we placed the layout on top of the rug (unfortunately did not know how delicate the system is). But did not run much At all. No pets.

jbrock27

Good Morning.
You are welcome :).  Use the "Search" tab just above and then type in either "WD-40" or "PB Blaster" in the search box and it should come up under a topic about rail joiners. 
Fibers from the rug can get into the wheels and wheel gears and gum things up.  If you had pets, hairs would as well.  Dust can also build up in the underside of the loco.
Better to set the track up on a table top or specific board, like plywood, for it.
Keep Calm and Carry On