CV settings for E-Z Command Two Function Decoder

Started by HODenew, January 10, 2016, 12:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HODenew

The technical sheet on the Bachmann website for DCC On Board for the E-Z Command Two Function Decoder, on page 2, has a List of supported CVs as: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 17, 18, and 19 in the first box.

Does this mean that CVs 5 and 6 can not be changed?

HODenew

jward

i have never used one of these decoders, but given that some of the dcc on board decoders did not support those cvs, it wouldn't surprise me. if you have one of those decoders, try programming cv5 and cv6 and see what happens. if you don't yet have the decoder, just about anybody else's decoder will support cv5 and cv6.

which begs the question: since cv5 and 6 are essential for speed matching locomotives, and thus two of the most important cvs in a decoder, why aren't these supported?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Hunt

HODenew,

It means that CVs 5 and 6 are not supported.

brokenrail

You can use cv'S 2 ,3 ,4 to speed match .I use them to speed match a Bachmann sd40-2 Standard stock dcc with a Spectrum GE dash 8 with Tsumani and they run perfect together.The slow speed mesh between the 2 will go tie to tie pulling a long consist or keep pace at full speed .You just have to work cv 2 a little with the standard dcc to match the Tsumani and I believe the locos have different ratios.Not 100% on that.Maybe some can verify this.What are you trying to speed match?
Johnny Adam

jward

it doesn't matter what you are trying to speed match. without adjusting cv5 and cv6 you cannot do this. if you have two locomotives with similar top speeds then they will run well together without speed matching, which is what you have here. adjusting the acceleration and deceleration settings cv3 and cv4 does not affect the way they run at any given speed step, only how long it takes for any throttle adjustments to fully take effect.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

brokenrail

Combination of the 3 is what it says.See CV (2) .Be nice to have that max volt limit to go along with 2.
Johnny