Older Spectrum DD40AX standard DC question for the Bachmann

Started by brokenrail, August 28, 2016, 12:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokenrail

Hello,
Come across a old Spectrum dd40ax new old store stock .New in the box. In the box it comes with about a 2 inch square sheet of black plastic that it does not list in the instructions/exploded view drawing.Had one of the same years ago with the same thing in the box.Anybody know what Bachmanns intention was for putting it in the box. Maybe to block the light leaking out the bottom ,or blocking the middle walkway???Just my guess.Any Ideas?
Johnny

Len

It's been too many years, so my memory's a bit foggy. But if it has two holes on one edge, I seem to recall it was used to keep something lined up if you disassembled the loco. But it wasn't really necessary if you were careful.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

brokenrail

Thanks for responding .No holes in the piece of  plastic material. Just about a 2 inch square piece of plastic ,about  1/32nd thick. So far no answer from Bachmann. Who else could know? Thinking it was for the open space where the front frame ends compared to the end of the shell .There is about a 1 inch gap that  allows light to shine down under the front of the loco instead of through the headlight and back up lights.Wondered why they never made the frame the full length of the loco? Why the large gaps?Not talking about the pilots .
Johnny