News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC equiped DD40X (Back EMF)

Started by nick100, January 26, 2016, 10:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick100

I have a Bachmann DD40AX that runs well but slows up hill and speeds up down hill. It doesn't seem to have BEMF or (cruise control) maintaining the speed of the motor whether the locomotive is traveling up, down or level on the track. It may be that I don't know how to set it with an NCE Power Pro DCC system. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Mike C

It probably does not have BEMF . I haven't seen any Bachmann N scale locos with it yet .  You may be able to fit a different decoder into the loco , but it's not something I have done on this particular loco . I have done a few of the steam locos , and it isn't too hard .

nick100

I thought that was the case. I have hard wired decoders in other locos, but wanted to make sure before changing it. Thanks Mike C.
Nick

Hunt

An aside,

FYI - some examples,

• Bachmann N Scale  DCC Sound Value decoder equipped locomotives have back EMF, which includes a DD40AX model.
  • DCC equipped (without sound) N Scale EM-1 has back EMF

Mike C

Absolutely correct Hunt , I didn't consider the Sound Value decoders .   The 2 Berks and 1 K4 I have are very good runners with the back EMF .  I probably will change out the decoders with different ones though eventually to get better sound functions . Not that there is anything wrong with the Sound Value decoders , just a personal preference .

nick100

The DD40AX I have is one of the older issues 5 or 6 years ago. It is nice to know the present issues do have back EMF. Thanks for the information Gentlemen.