News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-0 DCC on Board can't change CV's

Started by CNR6218, December 27, 2015, 02:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNR6218

Can you tell me what is the decoder in the N scale 10 wheeler? I'm trying to change the CV3 and CV4 for the momentum and is not receiving the signal! I am  using the "page" selection on a programming track with a Digitrax DCS 50 Zephyr. The decoder on CV8 is not responding.....any ideas
Thanks 

Hunt

A 1000 Ohm, ΒΌ Watt resistor across the programming track is required for CV read and programming  a non-sound Bachmann(Lenz based) decoder used with a Digitrax Zephyr(DCS50) or Zephyr Xtra(DCS51).

Use Direct Mode  instead of PAGE

CNR6218

dualgauge

Does the resister need to be installed in the wire between system and track or just between the rails. Thank you for any help.
Dan

Hunt

Do not install the resistor,  lay it anywhere across the rails of the programming track. Remove it after finishing programming a non-sound Bachmann (Lenz based) decoder used with a Digitrax Zephyr(DCS50) or Zephyr Xtra(DCS51).

Fred Klein

Dualgauge, FWIW, I run a Zephyr Plus (DCS51) system with a mix of different locos. I got tired of jury-rigging the resistor across the track, so I cut an inexpensive alligator-clip test-lead in half and soldered the resistor between the two halves. Now, when I need to program one of my Bachmann locos, I just clip each end to the track and the Digitrax recognizes the decoder without any problems. Hope this helps.

Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

dualgauge

Thank you for all the good information will pickup a resister and give that a try.
Dan