News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Missing CV Default Listing

Started by Rod in PA, February 06, 2016, 09:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod in PA

Mr Bach Man,

I recently purchased the new HO Spectrum 50 ton, 2 truck Climax; awesome little engine.  I also purchased the Sound Module for this engine; easy installation.

Problem:  I can't locate the CV default listing for this sound module.  The instructions that came with the sound module said a copy of the CV listing could be found on both the Bachmann and SoundTraxx web sites.  I've searched both web sites high and low and have found nothing.

Question: Could you please provide me a copy of the CV default listing?  It's rather difficult to adjust CVs without knowing what's supported.  Also, why isn't a copy of the CV listing included with the sound module, it can't cost that much more for a single sheet of paper?

Thanks for your help,
Rod in PA

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

West Bound

Hers is one for 70 ton climax. I also didn't find 50 ton. - John
www.soundtraxx.com/factory/OEM_pages/bachmann/ho_70ton_3truck_climax.pdf

Rod in PA

Len, I already looked at that, it's a general guide for "DCC & Sound On Board" steam locos.  It doesn't pertain to the separate plug and play modules.

West Bound, I'm not sure if that 70 ton Climax uses a plug & play sound module like the new 50 ton Climax.  If it does, that CV listing may be useful; I'll check it out.

Thanks to both of you.

Mr. B; a US Air Force quote for Bachmann:  "The job isn't done until the paperwork's finished."

WoundedBear

Even that CV list they say is for the 70 Ton Climax is wrong  on some models. I have one 3 truck that uses the "official" CV list, yet the other 2 use a different CV list that I was lucky enough to download before Bachmann had Soundtraxx delete it. Just two examples of a discrepancy is the equalizer functions. Some of the sound Climax models had the 7 band equalizer and reverb, the rest didn't. Another is Fireman Fred. 1 model has him, 2 don't.

Sid

brokenrail

Maybe Bachmann and or Soundtraxx should take care of there customers that purchased these items that have no list or a incorrect cv  list with a Manufacturers Coupon with a good percentage off there next purchase with no exclusions.May save a few customers and  smooth things over untill they can get there act together.
Johnny

Rod in PA

Brokenrail, nice suggestion, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I emailed SoundTraxx last night about this issue.  Will have to wait to see who steps up first with a solution - if any one.

Also, I tried to adjust some more CVs on the 50 ton Climax last night.  It got so messed up I had to do a decoder reset.  This morning I downloaded the sound module CV listing for the Spectrum EM-1.  I'm going to compare this listing with the factory loaded default CVs of the Climax, and see if they are even close; this may take a while.

Rod in PA

rogertra

That's why I swear by JMRI.

You do not have to know what CVs do what, JMRI knows all that for you.

Cheers

Roger T.

brokenrail

That pc interface would be nice ,but I have a dynamis that is waiting for one .Glad I did not hold my breath on that.The Brits have a new one I here, that has interface ability and take trade ins for a little credit on the old system only there on that side of the pond .Tried to get a hook up over there from the US ,but failed miserably.
Johnny Adam

West Bound

JMRI doesn't care what DCC system you are using. I use a Sprog interface on an isolated program track. It reads what decoder you have and all CV factory settings. After you make program changes you save those to your computer in the form of a loco roster. You can print them out and even reprogram your loco  if your settings are lost. This is all done in simple english. No computor program skills required. I have a roster of 18 locos and this system has made programing simple and fast.  -John West

brokenrail

Thank you.Now all I have to do is find the Sprog interface.I had no Idea it was that simple.Always overthink when it comes to computers along with fear.
Johnny Adam ;D

bapguy

If you can't find a Sprog, the Digitrax PR3 extra will work as well.  Joe

rogertra

Quote from: West Bound on February 08, 2016, 12:38:10 PM
  JMRI doesn't care what DCC system you are using. I use a Sprog interface on an isolated program track. It reads what decoder you have and all CV factory settings. After you make program changes you save those to your computer in the form of a loco roster. You can print them out and even reprogram your loco  if your settings are lost. This is all done in simple english. No computor program skills required. I have a roster of 18 locos and this system has made programing simple and fast.  -John West

Mine is an NCE DCC system, also on a programming track at my work desk.  I use the NCE USB Interface to connect the NCE PowerCab, computer and programming track.  So much easier than messing around the CVs.

As John West said, JMRI doesn't care what DCC system you use.

Cheers

Roger T.

West Bound

Here is the Sprog website. Click on BUY NOW to see a list of dealers. I bought Sprog II for $98 + tax.           
http://www.bbmgroup.com/sprog/sprog.html       
- John West

brokenrail

Thanks for the info.I think it is time for the upgrade.Have about a dozen dcc locos now and it is needed.Does it get into all makes of dcc?I have  QSI,Soundtraxx,and MRC brands of dcc and dcc sound decoders.
Johnny Adam