n scale Bachmann K4 & 2-8-4 Berks, quite mode ?

Started by propmeup1, February 10, 2016, 10:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

propmeup1

I have two K4's and three NKP-Berks.    I know they have a soundtraxx unit in them but unlike the soundtraxx TSU-750 I install in my other engines I can find a way to put them to sleep when not in use or "quite time".   The TSU-750 calls for cv 113 for quite time. Is there a cv for the K4 and 2-8-4 Berks with factory installed decoders in scale ?

Thank you,

Keith

Mike C

If you press F8 on the throttle you can mute the sounds . You can also set cv 113 to any value between 1 and 255 . The higher the # value , the longer it takes to go quiet . setting CV113 to 120 will make the loco go quiet after 12 seconds .   The decoder that is used is a striped down version of the Soundtraxx decoder , so it's possible that the quiet mode won't work . F8 still works though .

propmeup1

Yes I tried that and nothing. 8 does work except when turning the dcc system on for a new day brings the Bachmann engines back up.  Yes it is a striped down decoder they put in them so I don't think you can put Bachmann n scale K4 and Berks in quite mode other then CV8 which only works during the time your dcc system is running. 
   If that's the case I will have to issolate more tracks to my 44 stall roundhouse. It is very loud right now with an extra five engine air pumps banging away.   

I did look at the HO side of things and those engine have the CV113 to go into quite mode but not the n scale K4 and Berks.

Thank you,

Keith

Mike C

The supported CV list is here on the site , I just looked it up . Looks like CV 113 isn't supported on the sound value decoders . A lot of people do set up their roundhouse tracks so they can be turned off , so that is an option . Myself , I turn the sound down a few notches , if I can hear a loco from 3 feet away while it's sitting there , it's too loud . I'm also going to be replacing the sound value decoders with a full feature Econami decoder from Soundtraxx . These would support all functions and look like it's fairly easy to do . I don't use cv 113 , but there are a lot of cv's that are really useful like the sound equalizer , drifting mode , and the long list of different whistles , to name a few .  I do like the sound value decoders , but I just want more  ;D .

propmeup1

It looks like i'll issolate more tracks in the roundhouse.  I just got off the blower with soundtraxx and they confirmed you can not put the n scale "sound Value" engines in sleep mode. 

I've installed the ECO-100 steam in a Bachmann J1, I love it and easy to do. You must cut away a major part of the inside if the tender upper deck which is under the coal load. It will not damage to outside but becarful  not to go too far or you may cut through the tender deck. The EM1 is a good one to do.

Keith