News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO GG-1 pantographs

Started by Harveyj, February 10, 2016, 01:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harveyj

I need the dimensions between the insulators of the HO GG-1 pantographs.  One dimension is parallel to the track.  The other is perpendicular to the track.  My old Penn Line GG-1 measures .8 inches between the pantograph insulators parallel to the track and .7 inches perpendicular to the track. I can't get this information from Bachmann parts in Philadelphia!  Please help me.

HoModeler

Try pulling up the blow parts list for the GG-1 in part & service section... maybe that might help or call the service dept

Rick Abramson

The distance center to center is 1- 3/8" X 3/4"

Harveyj

Rick, thank you for the prompt response.  If I read it correctly, the dimensions you are stating are with respect to the pantograph insulators.
Please confirm, when you have the time.
Harveyj

Rick Abramson

Harvey:

The dimensions are center to center on the insulators.

Rick

Harveyj

Rick, thanks again for the prompt response.  People like you really make these forums work.  This saves me lots of time and tech support phone calls. 
Harvey

Rick Abramson

Harvey:

No problem. Any more questions don't hesitate to ask. Electrics are my favorite motive power and I saw and rode many GG1s in my RR career.

Rick

Harveyj

Hi Rick,
Since you offered, I have a related request.  My existing Penn Line pantographs are missing some brass?
cross members and fine springs.  The cross pieces  are fine wire strips with a rectangular cross section. Do you or anyone else know who supplies this type of metal stock.  The fine springs are about 1/16" in cross section and around 1/4" in length.  The springs hold the pantographs in the upright position!  If I could rebuild my existing pantographs, I'd be all set and no longer have to search for replacements.
Thanks to you and others reading this thread.
Harveyj

Rick Abramson

Harvey:

For the cross bracing on the pans, try Details Associates and K&S Metal products. They both make fine wire.
The springs are the tough part. I honestly have no idea where to look. Sorry.

Rick

electrical whiz kid

Harvey, Rick, et al;
Tichy  offers phosphor bronze wire in various dia.   .008,.010, .015, and others.  I have found this material to be easy to work with, solder,  and durable.  It is resilient and strong.

Rich C.