News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Another Sound Value RS3 problem

Started by Ftrax, February 22, 2016, 11:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftrax

I just purchased a Sound Value RS3 and the sound is so low I can hardly hear it. I have a Bachmann DCC system and I was told by Bachmann I could not use it to change the CVs to raise the volume since it didn't have the necessary controls. I was planning on visiting a friend's layout who has a top of the line DCC system to see if he could help. Any ideas would be appreciated.

bapguy

CV's 128,129,130, and 131. CV128 is master volume,CV129 is horn volume, CV130 is bell volume and 131 is exhaust volume. On each, 255 is max value. I use the 6 foot rule: 6 feet from the model, the sound should be barely heard, the bell should be the loudest followed by horn the diesel sound. You will need to experiment with different levels for each sound.  Joe 

Ftrax

Thanks Joe.

brokenrail

Quote from: bapguy on February 22, 2016, 03:44:13 PM
CV's 128,129,130, and 131. CV128 is master volume,CV129 is horn volume, CV130 is bell volume and 131 is exhaust volume. On each, 255 is max value. I use the 6 foot rule: 6 feet from the model, the sound should be barely heard, the bell should be the loudest followed by horn the diesel sound. You will need to experiment with different levels for each sound.  Joe 
You are mistaken .The horn is the loudest followed by the bell equal to idle sound of the prime mover.When is the last time you herd the bell from miles away?Turn your bell down if that is the case.If you have air brakes or air releases .They usually have some good volume to them when the compressor pops the safety valve.
Johnny

Ftrax

Johnny it would make sense that the horn would be the loudest. It being a warning rather than a courtesy get out of the way signal.
Frank