News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Hvy 4-8-2 question

Started by RGW, March 14, 2016, 09:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGW

I got a box of non running N scale engine off feebay,one is a heavy 4-8-2 after I took it apart,I found that the motor is stuck. I did get to free up a bit ,but it is binding like a brush is jammed ,I also found a hole melted on the tender shell above the decoder,the decoder is also melted on one spot.

I am thinking of  a kit bash by converting this to DC and using a spare J tender and maybe adding the delta trailing truck from the K4 . ( I have a freelace line )  Bachmann does not list the motor for sale on this engine,also the web site does not show the chassis explode view so I could see the motor part number to match up with different engine.

Does any body know what other engine uses this same motor or can this motor be repaired. I assume the motor puked and this took out the decoder ,  or maybe the other way around.

gatrhumpy

I might be able to get the motor part number from my exploded views illustrated parts breakdown tonight.

spookshow

I think it's the same closed-sided 3-pole motor that's used in the 2-10-2, 2-6-6-2 (et al). Part number is 10123.

Cheers,
-Mark