News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N Scale Fairbanks Morse H16-44

Started by Rich_S, February 25, 2016, 09:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich_S

Hello Bach Man, Are there any plans on re-releasing the N scale FM H16-44, maybe with new road names?
Here is a suggestion, a P&WV H16-44
?

Thanks in advance,
Rich S.

gatrhumpy

Doubt it. Atlas has one currently available.

Rich_S

Quote from: gatrhumpy on February 26, 2016, 06:43:28 AM
Doubt it. Atlas has one currently available.

Look very closely at my attached picture above, then look at the Atlas model, the Atlas model is not the correct phase, the walkway is incorrect on the Atlas model for later phase FM H16-44 locomotives. Bachmann had previously released a FM H16-44 in Santa Fe, B&O, N&W, Virginian and Southern paint schemes, it even has a light board that will accept a DCC decoder with a pin. I'd like to see another run with the N&W and Virginian paint schemes but also add the AC&Y and P&WV paint schemes to the list.

brokemoto

B&O had both phases, so I was quite delighted.

Did not the two appear at about the same time?   I have the B&O and do remember being quite happy that this was "not your Uncle Bob's Bachamnn Standard Line locomotive".   It was the first issue in a general upgrade of B-mann's Standard Line. 

Mine is still a pretty good runner with good slow speed control.  If there is one brickbat that I have for it, that would be that the couplers are not quite the correct height.   I forget it B-mann ever did a second run with the McHenry couplers.

This is a good locomotive, so if B-mann were to issue it in some of the other roadnames, I would expect that people would buy it.   I like mine.

Rich_S

I have one, that I custom painted myself using decals from Great Decals, but I'd like a couple more. One of the most disappointing things about this model is the dummy couplers. I added styrene blocks behind the pilots and mounted Micro-Trains 1015 couplers in place of the dummy couplers.

I hope if or when Bachmann re-releases these great looking locomotives, they'll include working Micro-Train compatible couplers. Re-releasing them in P&WV and AC&Y paint would be a plus   ;D