bachmann HO Alco 2-6-0 Steam Loco Sound Equipped

Started by DukeBoyty, May 01, 2016, 10:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeBoyty

Hello, I Just bought a bachmann HO Alco 2-6-0 steam loco sound equipped and it is accelerating WAYYY to fast and slowing down WAYYY too slow I was gonna reset it to factory defaults but i can't because i don't know the cv number and value to do it, also if that doesn't work i don't know what to do after that, i also have a Bachmann Diesel loco and it accelerates and slows down just right, for the steam engine if i turn the knob on the remote (plugged in or not) its like it is on full then it takes about 10-20 seconds to slow down.

electrical whiz kid

Read the accompanying pamphlet/service instructions.  Then go to this site and find whatever information you can use on 'parts service information' or 'catalogues/brochures'..  There are several on-line forum/sites that can help.  If all of that fails, then contact Bachmann tomorrow morning.

Rich C.

Hunt

DukeBoyty, What DCC system are you using?

Resetting the sound decoder CVs to their factory default value is a two-step procedure.

1)  Program CV 8 with 8 (can use either Service Mode or Operations Mode programming)
   2)  Cycle power to the decoder by turning power to the track off and back on

After about six-seconds upon restoring power the headlight and backup light will blink simultaneously 16 times indicating that the CVs were successfully reset. However, if sound or lights come on immediately upon restoring power, the decoder did not successfully reset. Repeat the two-step procedure.

Click Here for  the Bachmann HO 2-6-0 Sound Value decoder supported CVs and their default value.  Currently there are some discrepancies between the document and the decoder.  Use the CV default value read from the decoder to correct the file.

DukeBoyty

Quote from: Hunt on May 01, 2016, 01:56:31 PM
DukeBoyty, What DCC system are you using?

Resetting the sound decoder CVs to their factory default value is a two-step procedure.

1)  Program CV 8 with 8 (can use either Service Mode or Operations Mode programming)
  2)  Cycle power to the decoder by turning power to the track off and back on

After about six-seconds upon restoring power the headlight and backup light will blink simultaneously 16 times indicating that the CVs were successfully reset. However, if sound or lights come on immediately upon restoring power, the decoder did not successfully reset. Repeat the two-step procedure.

Click Here for  the Bachmann HO 2-6-0 Sound Value decoder supported CVs and their default value.  Currently there are some discrepancies between the document and the decoder.  Use the CV default value read from the decoder to correct the file.

Thank You!! Resetting the loco worked i didn't think that it was the same as my GP 35 Diesel Locomotive To Reset it, I am using the Digatrax DCS-100 5-Amp.

MarcF

Resetting the decoder in this case was a tad drastic.   

Your problem had probably more to do with momentum; CV3 and CV4.  The accel rate is dictated by CV3. The decel rate by CV4.  That does not change from decoder to decoder.  The value range is 0 (off) to 255 in both cases. With a  value of 255 it will take close to 4 minute to go from 0 to full speed and same amount to go from full speed to 0.

Marc