News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

timber transfer at Union, Pa.

Started by electrical whiz kid, May 29, 2016, 12:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electrical whiz kid

I am looking for some dimensional data on the "Mt. Union Timber Transfer".  Can anyone here direct me?

Rich C.

jward

friends of the east broad top should be able to help. the building is no longer in existence, but there was a wood kit made some years ago.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

electrical whiz kid

Jeffrey;
Yep; It was made by "Whiteground".  I don't think they are in business anymore.  Their product line was big around 1984, when they had done a lot of structures centred around EBT's service facilities.  That particular structure, for some reason, had always fascinated me, and I missed the opportunity to buy it when it was available.  OK, thank you, Jeffrey, for the info.  I will go on line to see what happens.

Rich .

WoundedBear

Rich..........

I have a model of that structure in plastic. I think it was Heljan or Kibri that may have done it back in the 80's-90's. You can just make it out in this shot.....standing way in the back in front of the car shop.

I'm busy as hell with the racing at the moment, but give me a chance and I'll take some scale measurements of it and a sketch for you.

Sid

electrical whiz kid

Thanks, Sid.  Do well in that car...
Rich C.

WoundedBear

Here ya go rich............does this help ya out at all? There is some bracing around the bents that I didn't show, but you should be able to figure out the triangulation. Also didn't show the ladder from the control shack to ground. Other than that, I think I covered the basics. One thing I didn't write on the drawing is the height......she's about 35 1/2 feet from rail head to under the main structure.

Let me know if ya need more.

Sid

electrical whiz kid

Thank you, Sid; I really appreciate the dimensions.  Yep; I should be able to figure triangulation.  As I said, I had always had a certain fascination with this particular structure.  Whiteground did a good job of this kit, as well as Helgan.
Thanks again.

Rich C.