News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

NEW (OLD) TRAIN SHOP!!

Started by bevernie, October 17, 2007, 08:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bevernie

Folks, I've finally found my friend, Wes, and it turns out that I had his last name wrong!! (It's "LAEL", not "RAEL"!!) There was a train show in Hendersonville (NC) last weekend, and Wes was there, with the GOOD NEWS that he had opened a train shop in OLD FORT, NC!!(37 E. MAIN)
It's the same shop that used to be at SMILEY'S FLEA MARKET in FLETCHER, NC!! Their new phone number is: (828) 668-9434. It's on I-40, at EXIT 72, then north to downtown. Turn right at the "t" intersection, and it's on the left!! :D[color=orange]Whatever the drive, I'm sure that you will be glad that you made the trip!![/color]He has told me that this store is much larger than the one in Fletcher, but I've not yet had an opportunity to go and see for myself!!
If you get to go before I do, pllease post on here what you think of it!!
                                                                                   THANX!!
                                                                                     Ernie
                                                                           Hendersonville, NC
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

bevernie

:oGREETINGS!! A trip yesterday brought me right by OLD FORT, NC, so I just had to stop in.  ;)You won't believe his new shop! It's NOTHING like the shop at Smiley's!! You actually had room to turn around!!  ;D
::)I really can't say enough to encourage you to stop in!!
While in town, you might also enjoy the "WHISTLE-STOP CAFE", right next door, then, across the street, there's an old depot that has been refurbished!! Just plan to make a day of it!! Unfortunately, my dispatcher was hollering for the load, so I didn't have long to stay!Wes was probably glad of that, though; I didn't realize it until I got home, but, I had gotten there right at CLOSING TIME!! (Sorry, Wes!!)
If you truck drivers are planning to stop in, if you are going west, it's easy. Just exit at EXIT 75, then turn left. Follow that road on around, cross the RRtracks, and turn left onto HWY. 70. Go through town (you'll pass the shop, on the right) and just as you're going out of town, almost back on I-40, there's a place that you can pull over and park. It's lined off, so it's safe, and Wes says that if you got a ticket, he would take care of it! Going east, I'm not so sure... EXIT 72 is HWY. 70, so it goes right into town. There's a (small) pull-off with a telephone pole in the middle that you MAY be able to park a truck at. Both of them are like parking at a truck stop late... you'll have to walk about a block or so!!
BUT, IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!!!!
                                                                              THANX!!
                                                                                Ernie
[/color]

bevernie

Well, today, I stopped in, going east, and parked at the "CHAMBER of COMMERCE-WELCOME to OLD FORT" sign. There was plenty of room for a "big truck", but it required walking about twice as far as the space on the westbound side. (It's STILL worth the walk, though!!)
                                                                                               THANX!!
                                                                                                 Ernie
                                                                                      Hendersonville, NC

bevernie

OOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!!  Stopped in last week and discovered that they are CLOSED on WEDNESDAY!!
                                                                                       THANX!!
                                                     ;D                                      Ernie

bevernie

:oBUT THEY ARE OPEN ON SUNDAY!!! ::) :-* ;)

bevernie

;)                  :D              :o                   ::)                :-*

bevernie

Quote from: bevernie on November 28, 2007, 10:10:13 AM
;)                  :D              :o                   ::)                :-*