News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New engine not running

Started by MLW, December 02, 2007, 09:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLW

I just purchased the 2-10-0 Russian Decapod (with sound).  Engine ran fine for about 10 minutes, then stopped.  Now, sounds working as they should, but wheels do not turn.  The engine does not move.  Any thoughts?

SteamGene

If you can move the drivers with your hand, the gears have seperated.   That will require removing the boiler to fix. 
Can you hear the motor?  If not, check for a loose wire to the motor. 
Unless you are an expert, or have expert help, it would be best to send it back to Bachmann.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

MLW

The drivers do not move freely, so the gears are probably still intact.  I did disconnect and reconnect the two pin connection to the tender, but that did not help.  I have contacted Bachmann and am awaiting a response.  As this is the first time I have contacted them about an issue, how is their response time and helpfulness?

Stephen D. Richards

Call them on the phone and spend your dime.  The 800 number has issues!  They are quick to deal with the problem this way.  I've had outstanding service this way.  Stephen

GN.2-6-8-0

I had the same problem....Don't bother fooling with it just send it back for replacement.
Rocky Lives