E-Z Digital Command Control System (BAC44902)

Started by HOchocho, August 11, 2016, 09:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOchocho

I purchased a E-Z Digital Command Control System (BAC44902) this year in May.

I have two Bachmann DCC locomotives that I use.  Since I purchased this, occasionally when the speed control was turned all the way off, the locomotives would continue to move at a slow speed.  Now this is happening almost all the time.  This happens with both locomotives, so I don't think it's the engines.  I feel it must be something in the controller. 

Has anyone experienced this problem?  Is there something I am doing wrong or is this a defect?

crash

I'm glad to see someone is having the same problem as I'm having. I asked this question sometime back and never did get an answer. They just referred me to the manual part about programing locomotives. That didn.t do the trick. I'll follow your posting to see if you get any help. Meanwhile I'll let you know if I fix the problem.

Jhanecker2

Gentlemen  please realize that DCC engines  are never fully  shut off with the  throttles  turned to Zero .  If you require the engines  to be fully off, move them to an area  that can be electrically isolated  and  turn off the power to that area.   The same problem  came about with real steam locomotives  in round houses , their fires were banked  overnight but sometimes  they ended up in the turntable pits  or going thru the walls .  John 2.

jward

it sounds like the speed control circuit is defective. have you contacted the service department about this?

a simple workaround to this would be to reprogram the cv2 start voltage to a higher value. unfortunately, you cannot program this with ez command. you will need to find a friend, club, or hobby shop with a full featured dcc system who is willing to make these changes for you.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Mr Mechanic

I have run into this problem and it has been dirty wheels that has been causing it,guess the engine doesn't get a good signal. Clean the wheels off with some alcohol,problem solved. What I have noticed is that the the 2 F units I have are the ones with sound and original pc boards in them, are the ones that it happens to. The ones that I replaced the boards in,to get rid of the hum, doesn't happen to them.

crash

In my case, after talking to the service dept. at Bachmann, I filled out a service request and sent the controller back to them. It couldn't be fixed. For $45 they sent me a new controller. It works great.