News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Help engine wont respond

Started by kh25, October 28, 2016, 05:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kh25

Hello i have a bachmann ho scale sound value gp7.its been running great. I unplugged the controller and when i went to run the engine again i plugged the controller in  the sound was  great but the engine had no other functions lights  power etc.then it went flying down the track with no control. I unpleasant the power .next i plugged it back in just the sound works engine is dead does this need to be repeogrammed?

bnbayer

It sounds like the decoder isn't detecting the DCC signal, and thinks it's on a DC layout. It's running away at 14 volts DC - maximum speed - and the sound is on as it would be on DC. No control because it doesn't see the DCC signal.

Not sure what caused this, but it might have been the combination of plugging and unplugging the controller. (Shouldn't cause a problem on most DCC systems, but...)

Did you try turning off your DCC system and re-booting? Do you have any other locos, and are they working normally?

If you have to reprogram, do a factory reset of the decoder first. I also set CV29 to NOT run on analogue (DC) power, to prevent runaways like this.

Brandon