News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Plus replacement parts

Started by e8, December 14, 2016, 11:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e8

Does anyone know of where I can obtain motor fasteners for a Bachmann Plus F7A? I spoke with the Bachmann Parts Department and they do not have parts for anything greater that 7 years old. Any thoughts?

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

e8

Yes that is my Loco, only the A version. Will the part offered by Bachmann #6202-1 be the replacement that is now offered for the 5 piece motor fastener I need for my Bachmann Plus F7A?

richiy

I don't have either so I cannot say for sure.
I would contact Repair and ask.
For $25.00, Bachmann will replace a defective DC loco. Look at the Repair page. Not sure if you will get the exact on. Again, ask.
Bachmann replaced one for me some time ago.

I strongly suggest looking thru all the Bachmann site. Many new people come in and miss a lot of good info.
Good luck.

richiy

Jerrys HO

I have the A&B plus units and the part Len listed is listed on the parts diagram for that engine.
The two prongs sticking out fit into the frame above the fuel tank.

jbrock27

Quote from: richiy on December 15, 2016, 11:17:51 AM
For $25.00, Bachmann will replace a defective DC loco.  Not sure if you will get the exact on.

richiy

Well, well...

My first choice would not be to replace a Bachmann Plus F7 with a current Bachmann F7 offering. Uh uh.

And since the motor mount parts DO NOT look the same in the 2 diagrams (I do agree the 2nd one is of the Plus) I don't know why anyone would make the assumption they are interchangeable.  Especially since the Plus model of this was last released 20 years ago (only a little effort in doing some research needed to secure this information).

e8, when you talked to the Bachmann people, what they said about the parts and 7 years, did they specify that pertained to all parts of that age across the board or just for this model?
Keep Calm and Carry On