News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dear Bach Man

Started by newguy, November 20, 2007, 02:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newguy

I just read your response to a posting where you wrote that the E-Z command will control switches if they are DCC switches. Does that include the E-Z track switches or is that something new that I haven't seen yet? Also, is that a newer version of the E-Z command that controls the switches? Right now I have many E-Z track swithes and I run everything with my E-Z command except the switches which I have hooked up to an athearn power pack.

Thanks,

New Guy

newguy

I think I got my answer. I searched the bachmann products on the website and saw the E-Z Command Dynamis and I also saw that there are DCC equipped switches. Are these products both brand new?? I've never seen them before. Are they in the stores yet? The image was not yet available for the DCC switches. Are there any pics on the web of them?? Is the Dynamis the only controller that can control the DCC switches?

Sorry Bach Man, lots of questions but I'm excited about these products.

New Guy

the Bach-man

Dear New Guy,
The EZ Command controller will also control our DCC Onboard switches. Consider your switches (up to eight turnouts) as locomotive, or address, #9. When you go to address 9 and press Function, functions 1-8 will each control a specific turnout.
Of course, if you have more than eight turnouts, or need more than eight locomotive addresses, you'll need a more advanced system like Dynamis, or one of the many other systems from other manufacturers.
Happy Thanksgiving!
the Bach-man

newguy

Dear Bach Man,

Thanks for the information. I'm glad I won't have to upgrade my controller. I am really excited about the DCC switches. For my layout this will work out perfectly!

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well,

New Guy