News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EM 1 2-8-8-4 N scale B&O

Started by duke2448, January 10, 2017, 10:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duke2448

Boy I've really been looking hard, doing search after search, is the EM 1 2-8-8-4 still out there or did I miss the something

spookshow

They came out in 2013, and AFAIK there's just been the one production run. So, it's quite possible that they're sold out at all of the online dealers. Probably a few still lurking around in hobbyshops, though. Maybe you'll get lucky.

-Mark

propmeup1

Sorry you didn't get one. I think they are one of the best running engines around. They can do 40 hoppers up a 1.34% with ease. I have four and put TSU-750 decoders in all. Love to doublehead.  If you can find one get it. I see them on ebay.

Keith

plas man

well I must have the duff one !!!
Bachmann UK couldn't fix , they returned saying within running tolerances , but admitted it needed new wheels and axle (none in stock and would not be getting supply's) , also returned with faulty valve gear to rear engine , another complain to the hobby shop sent it back , on return still within tolerances - but this time with bits of valve gear missing on opposite side front engine , needless to say now only purchase diesel loco's .

that apart it is a sweet running loco (apart from the wobble on mine) can crawl sleeper to sleeper (rail ties) as slow as 5/6 second's , can do 11'' (second radius) curves - not good on tight S curves , great haulage and silent running motor .

JustJim

Got mine form TrainWorld when they had a sale last year.  Runs great.  Very smooth at slow speeds.