News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ APP or ?

Started by papastrains, January 31, 2017, 12:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papastrains

I live in CT. My grandchildren live in Indiana and NY. Is it possible using E-Z APP and FaceTime or something similar for my grandchildren to see my train layout and talk with me while they control the DCC trains from their home?  I know EZ APP uses Blue Tooth and is limited to a 100 feet range.  Looking for creative solutions.

I have used my IPhone with Face Time for them to watch the trains but it would be great if they could control the operation remotely.  There must be other grandparents wanting a similar solution.  Thanks.

Bucksco

At this point in time there isn't a way to control the trains remotely via a Facetime connection. You need to be in the same location as the trains to control them with the device.

ACY

The only way I can see to achieve what you are looking for would require multiple devices. First you would need to purchase a program that supports the remote operation of a mobile device or tablet, not sure on the cost of this probably not going to be very cheap, the one I use at work costs about $5,000 a year for a license for all of the work devices. This would not be easy for a child to set up on his end and would likely require an adult to set up each time on their end, not your end. After it is set up they will be able to view the screen on your mobile device and you will no longer have control of your device until it is given back to you on the other end. You would need a separate device to do the video chat or face time or communicate with them, your iPhone will not be able to facetime or do anything aside from run the EZ App while it is being remotely operated by another device.

Generally this type of set up is used for IT troubleshooting.