News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Reverse loop

Started by Cxs21, November 24, 2018, 03:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cxs21

I'm useing Bachman e-z automatic reverse loop command module,with 2 9" insulated gap tracks. The engine goes threw one turnout into the loop partway but then stops. do I need to have a nother module hooked to the other insulated gap track? Any help?tks.   

Flare

How far beyond the gap does the locomotive go?

Cxs21

Flare

Are the rails clean and making good connections?  Try pinching the joiners with pliers for a tighter fit.

Cxs21

Joints seem to be tight.but I'll ck.again. If they are tight, what else could it be?? Tks flare.

Flare

Can you link us to a picture of your configuration?

Terry Toenges

You do have a wired connection to the loop itself in addition to the wired connection before you get to the loop right?
Feel like a Mogul.

Cxs21

No Terry t. I don't have separate power to the loop itself,I have a 100watt power brick that supply the power to the whole track layout.don't you think that should be enouhg? I don't have my turnouts wired up to power should I do that? Ps my layout is only 6x8.

Cxs21

Flare,I'll try to get that picture to you.

Flare

Quote from: Cxs21 on November 24, 2018, 08:31:22 PM
No Terry t. I don't have separate power to the loop itself,I have a 100watt power brick that supply the power to the whole track layout.don't you think that should be enouhg? I don't have my turnouts wired up to power should I do that? Ps my layout is only 6x8.

The power should be going to the mainline, which then feeds the reverse loop module, which powers the isolated area of the reverse loop

Perhaps the mainline's power connector is too far from the loop and suffering from voltage drop?

Is it possible that one of the power connectors went over or under the connectors?  I've had that happen on my layout.

A simple test of the loop would be to disconnect the loop module and power it from the mainline's power supply and see if the locomotive makes it all the way around.

Terry Toenges

I just wanted to be sure you had the "out" connection hooked up within the loop and not to the track leading to the loop because it sounded like you weren't getting power to the loop.
Feel like a Mogul.

Cxs21

To flair and Terry t. Got the revere s loop working. My Bachman engine and my mth engine goes threw the revere s loop with no stoping. Hooked it up to my mth base command, still works good.I'm so happy. Thks.to you guys for all your help. This made my day😃😃😃😃😃

Terry Toenges

I'm glad you got it working. :)
Feel like a Mogul.