News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Figure 8 but train stops

Started by aileenchip, December 21, 2007, 05:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aileenchip

Hello
I just made my first figure 8 with a standard kit and some extra track.  When I try to get the train to go, it keeps stopping on the straight track next to the intersection.  I cleaned it and switched it out.  Nothing seems to work.  Any track I put  there akes it stop.  Once the train gets past the bad place, it goes fine.  I am not sure what to do and Christmas is coming.

Thank you for any help

RAM

It sounds like you have a dead section, but why I don,t know.  What kind of track are you using?

aileenchip

EZ quick connect things.  I tried to check the voltage with a multi meter and it seemed o be OK but I am not exactly sure what I am lookin for.  I also was checking for continuity but again I am not sure if there is a trick to it.

Since I swapped out different straight tracks and they all failed in the same spot, I was hoping it would be something easy.

RAM

Try this.  The last section that has power, can you swap it out and see if anything changes.  I just wonder if there is something wrong with it.

aileenchip

The last section with power is the 90 degree.

It goes, my power straight (the plug in one) then th e90 and then it stops on th next straight.  If I push the train through to the next track it starts up again.

sour rails

I've had similar problems with my track.  I found out that the track connectors were faulty.  I had to clean them thoroughly.  Then with the weight of the loco on that piece it created the blockage of power somehow.  I had to clean it again.  But afterwards, running the train over it several times on high speed, slowering it down every now and then finaly it works fine now.  But I must say it took me several days to do this.  In your case you may just need to replace the connectors, clean them, or you might even be missing them altogether.
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]