Future suggestions/predictions thread

Started by Chaz, July 15, 2021, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulfred100

So I've been thinking of the NG line alot the last few days particularly around rolling stock and trucks more particularly
At the moment this is our range with the two coaches and open wagon which uses the Peco tooling. I know we all agree about needing brown versions of the brake-van and other van. But here's a few new tooling ideas I think would be a real hit for Bachmann
Troublesome Truck NG style

I was torn between the 3 plank Troublesome Trucks or the Slate Troublesome Trucks, I figured this would probably be more likely as Bachmann have 6 versions of the slate wagons on the board currently so I can't see Bachmann breaking away from that tooling to make a model series style slate truck with a face. I mean they might but I think if I were gonna throw my weight behind one I'll go for the 3 plank, it could be produced with maybe 2 different expressions but even just as a singular item it'll sell really well. In fact it'll probably still sell well without a face but I think if Bachmann were gonna make a Troublesome Truck for the Skarloey gang I think this would be a great idea.
4 Plank Wagon

Now these are often used and these have the added bouns of appearing in CGI

I think like the previous would appeal to fans all across the spectrum and could help retire the Peco Open Wagon for something more in line with the brand like the box vans. There's the brilliant season 8 reference photos so there's plenty there to use to create as accurate a model as possible and there's a few colour schemes (including black, dark green, brown, grey and red oxide. Theres also a rusty version) so you can get the most out of the tooling. Who knows further down the line it might be possible to make versions with loads like coal or something.
1 plank wagon with load

Next is the 1 plank wagons. These next two both fall into a similar category but I'll still talk about them separately. The 1 plank wagons have been around since season 6 and are again another thing that's still used in the CGI era. However these being a 1 plank wagon means Bachmann can have fun and include different loads on them. They are used in the steam works so perfect to put some old wheels on or engine parts. They could be used to carry a Christmas tree or if bachmann are feeling extremely generous

Ok That a stretch but none the less it's an item Bachmann can have fun with and market possibilities are endless.
flat bed with load

Again like the previous this is another item Bachmann can have fun with and do something like a cable drum or something for workmen.

Or go crazy and put a Bicycle on there or a bell. It's another item I think regardless of the load will sell very well and there's alot of potential to make some fun products where 1 tooling can lead to several different products

Again all the photos and information are available on the wikia. Including the season 8 ruler photos which I believe all of these items have including the Troublesome tuck which has had ruler photos uploaded by Thomastankmerch who owns the prop of it. I hope there's something in there that people like and can get behind. I'm just trying to throw some ideas out there

TrainFan97

Quote from: JLK2707 on September 18, 2024, 01:24:51 AMHere are my predictions for the 2025 February announcements:

HO Scale:

1. Nia
2. Reintroduced 'Arry and Bert
3. Old Coaches
4. Season 1 Troublesome Truck
5. McColl's Cattle Van
6. Troublesome Truck #7 (TAR tanker wagon with a face)
7. RWS Blue Donald and Douglas
8. RWS Toby with blue side plates
9. Hannah
10. Splatter and Dodge
11. Spencer's brake coach
12. Toffee tanker wagon
13. Chocolate syrup tanker wagon
14. Updated Henrietta
15. CGI Milk Tanker Wagon
16. CGI Fuel Tanker Wagon

Narrow Gauge:

1. Peter Sam with original funnel

Large Scale:

1. Edward
2. RWS Toby
3. Henrietta
4. Hannah
5. Season 1 Troublesome Truck
6. Old Coaches
7. Mavis

N Scale:

1. Edward
2. RWS Toby
3. Duck
4. RWS Blue Donald and Douglas
5. Oliver
6. TAR Tanker Wagon
7. Milk Tanker Wagon
8. Old Coaches
9. BR 20 Ton Brake Van
10. Spiteful Brake Van
11. Black Donald and Douglas
12. Mavis

NMRA:

HO Scale:

1. Diesel 10
2. Duke
3. BoCo
4. Stepney
5. Yellow Open Wagon
6. Breakdown Train
7. Cocoa open wagon

N Scale:

1. Red express coaches
2. Red branch line coaches
3. Red open wagon
4. Light blue open wagon
5. Yellow open wagon
6. Coal wagon with load

That's a rather unrealistic list. You're kind of asking for a lot there. There's no way they're going to announce that many products in one time. Especially when there are still many other products awaiting release. Also, N Scale is certainly not going to get blue Donald and Douglas, especially when they haven't even been made in their show-accurate black liveries yet. I'd get it if it's a list of products you want to see get made as time goes on in the coming years, but announcing that many products in one year is kind of far fetched.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Fernando, Norman, Den, Dart, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Chaz

Really solid post on the narrow gauge rolling stock Mulfred; I agree with most of these choices!

It genuinely amazes me that the Peco open wagon hasn't been discontinued yet.  Hopefully it'll be dropped before too long in favor of one of the more accurate wagon toolings.  I'm surprised Bachmann hasn't looked into the four plank wagon yet for narrow gauge, especially with all the color options justifying the new tooling cost.  Hopefully these along with a tan brake van will be in the next lineup of OO9 announcements.

Troublesome trucks in OO9 would be fun, I'd be very curious to see what faces they would use for a reference.  Hopefully the season 4 ones are the ones picked if Bachmann decides to go that route.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Edward and Duck.

Awesometrain77

40 pages insane . Personally I think troublesome slate wagons a good idea compared to 3 plank wagons as they have a huge backlog on NG stuff so a complete new tool is not the best idea right now As for the slate wagons I think we should one shocked truck and another truck that is smerking .

As for the 80th varients for next year I don't think we need another James . But a Thomas is likely.
So for Thomas pink undercoat thomas is something that I think could happen
Percy's chocolate crunch is a classic episode that everyone knowns so a Percy chocolate variant would be super nice .

TrainFan97

The Narrow Gauge rolling stock suggestions are pretty good. The Narrow Gauge range could definitely use some 4-plank wagons, troublesome trucks and flatbeds with loads. But for existing toolings, they can easily make the tan brake van and box van. Another new tooling would be the green carriage with the open sides. We haven't seen a sample of the gondola yet, or the gunpowder wagons for that matter, so it may be a while before new toolings are announced for Narrow Gauge.

The next engine for Narrow Gauge after Duncan could be Freddie, Victor, or Luke.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Fernando, Norman, Den, Dart, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Mulfred100

Thanks for the feedback, for clarity these suggestions are more long term ideas. I'm not saying Bachmann needs to make them now. I'm saying maybe within the next four/five years when there's a new tooling spot available. That element seems to have been lost

JLK2707

Sorry for so many suggestions for next year, but I just thought that this would be the case since it will be 80 years since the franchise started.

Okay, I also just wished to say that I model only HO/OO Scale and I will do N Scale alongside, so it doesn't really matter to me about the Large Scale stuff. I also don't expect for all that stuff to be announced in one month, but maybe some announcements from my February predictions and the NMRA.

I will probably just buy another Bachmann Toby, Donald and Douglas and do the modifications myself. I will probably buy more than one N Scale Toby for that motive as well. I will also just get 3D printed Thomas and Percy body shells which I will turn into more accurate versions of the locomotives. The same goes for Gordon in HO Scale since I am not quite happy with how the cab looks.

I will also have the numbering and lettering custom printed on waterslide decals or woodlands scenics transfers since I don't own a 3D printer. I will also do some other mods when I have time. I am also just quite busy with life and my job in which I am an artist. I will also most likely end up buying more than one N Scale Bachmann James and modify the moulded whistle on it.

I may also just get 3D printed versions of Duck, Donald, Douglas and Oliver in N Scale so that way I can compromise, or at least get very close to that.