News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Decoder for Spectrum SD45

Started by jman, November 15, 2007, 10:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jman

??? Can someone tell me the type of decoder to put into the Spectrum Sd45 (part# 82709). I took the shell off and it appears to have an 8 pin NMRA plug but the directions with the loco tell me nothing.

Thanks

jamie

Stephen D. Richards

You put any eight pin decoder you may want to use!  Stephen

adari

I thought they already had DCC in it. I have one and it has Dcc

newguy

I've got five of them and they all are DCC on-board. Bach Man can correct me if I'm wrong but I think that you can still buy some of the older Spectrum SD-45 units that are just DCC ready. If it doesn't say DCC on the front of the box then it doesn't have it.

Jamie, here is a link where you can buy a decoder:
http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detail.asp?ID=200425962. I also just bought one on ebay for about $5.00 cheaper if you want to go that route. Or just go to your local hobby store if you don't want to wait around for shipping.

Have fun with your SD-45 - I love mine they are great. I've only had one problem with one of them. The headlights weren't working on the first test run. I was able to fix it easlily (just a disconnected wire) and have had no other problems since!

New Guy

sawdown

Jamie, how did you manage to get the shell off without damaging it? I have the same unit and can't seem to get the shell off.

Troy