News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Acela Engine Seems to Short circuit

Started by SoCalTrainMan, December 25, 2007, 09:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalTrainMan

Santa delivered a New Acela Spectrum train set this morning. After my son and I watched the DVD and read the instructions, we put the track together and then made the power connections. We put the power unit on for a test run, and it ran a few inches at a slow speed, at a full throttle setting. Then all we heard was a "click" from the power pack. We then put a different engine on the track and it ran fine. Does anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong, if anything?

Thank you!!

Conrail Quality

Yes, it's a short circuit. If you feel comfortable will disasembling it, here's how it's done: Take off the shell, nose, and plow(just yank of the last two, and you should figure out how to take off the first), and you should see the inside of the locomotive and a circuit board. Unscrew the circuit board and headlight holder, and you will see large screws. Unscrew those, and you will be able to see the motor. Perhaps you will be able to identify the short then.

If you can't find the short, or don't feel comfortable dissasembling the loco, send it back to Bachmann for repair. Since it's within the first year of purchase, it's covered under warranty as long as you include the receipt. If you can't find the reciept, include a check for $20.
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

SoCalTrainMan

Thank you so much for the answer. I think I might try to fix it mysrlf. I do have the receipt, so if I can't fix it I will then send it back to Bachmann. My son was so disappointed (so was I) when we went to run it. It is such a great looking train!